Summary of the position:
As a software engineer, you will form part of a team developing cutting edge technology solutions as well as the products utilizing this technology. You will also have the opportunity to guide the development and implementation of this technology.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the Bloemfontein area. Relocation assistance is negotiable.
A relevant bachelor’s degree. At least 50% of subjects must be passed with distinction. This requirement is strictly enforced.
You will need the following skills for this position-
- A deep understanding of software development and programming
- Mastery of Object Oriented Programming
- Mastery of Design Principles
- Mastery of Threading
- Mastery of Data Structures, including Trees
- Mastery of REST and RESTful web services
- Mastery of SOAP services
- Knowledge of PHP and/or Python will be an advantage
- At least 6 years experience in programming in general, and
- At least 3 years experience in SQL, Node.js, Angular, and Git.
As senior software engineer at Xineoh, you will –
- be assigned one junior / intermediate engineer who will work directly under you,
- assist your junior/intermediate with blocked tasks by giving guidance and unblocking code tasks,
- review the code of your assigned junior/intermediate, with special focus on best practices and quality,
- be responsible for merging of your junior’s code into the development branch,
- be responsible for merging of the intermediates’ code into stable branch if accepted
- build features using the latest web technologies,
- assist the architect with design and implement his recommendations,
- strictly follow Agile principles,
- test work thoroughly to prevent regression and stability issues,
- complete code artifacts according to the principles of SOLID OOP and other best practices
- be responsible for time estimations on assigned tasks and the timely completion of said tasks
Remuneration & work hours
Senior: R 40 000 – R 55 000 per month (C2C), depending on skills & experience
You will also be eligible to participate in the company’s success through our Employee Stock Option Plan.
Remuneration will depend entirely on the candidate’s experience and the level of productivity he or she can bring to the team.
At Xineoh, we are not about sticking to fixed salary scales. We base remuneration on your experience, productivity and contributions to the project, thus, the more productive you are and the more you contribute, the better your remuneration will be. The sky is the limit.
Having a productive, well compensated and happy team is a definite win for us, so we are always looking for ways to help our people up their contributions and thereby increasing their earning potential.
Since we do business internationally, we are able to offer compensation well above what is considered market-related in South Africa, for an ideal candidate.
Xineoh is a young business and we are growing fast. This means that, for the right person, the possibilities for growth are endless. We are always looking for great people to promote into senior leadership roles.
Our team keeps regular work hours most of the time, 8:30 – 5:30 with some flexibility where necessary. Sometimes, however, it is necessary to put in some extra time when deadlines and certain project logistics require it.
We expect team members to be passionate about their projects and take responsibility for them. They must make sure things run smoothly all the time, so working for us is not a regular 9-5.
We are, however, serious about our team not getting burned-out, so we do our best to make sure there are enough resources to keep your workload manageable.